Friday 29 July 2011

All good things ...

... come to those who wait! I finally received some copies of the Moda Bake Shop book, Fresh Fabric Treats. And I can at last reveal my contribution, a jewellery wallet.
Like all Bake Shop projects, the challenge was to create something new and unique with one of the Moda precuts. For me, that precut was a honey bun of a muted, olde worlde line called 'Luna Notte' by 3 Sisters. 
The fabrics seemed to me to be calling out for a soft brown grey linen and some pearl button detail.
The wallet unfolds and is able to be hung from a fabric covered hook. My thought was that it would be handy to use while travelling.
There are lots of components on the inside to accommodate your jewellery. From the top, there is a band for holding hair clips and pins or brooches. The tiny rolls untie in the middle for storing all your diamond rings(!). Below that is a zippered compartment, constructed with clear vinyl.
The pink ties are for holding bangles securely. A felt flap, punched with tiny holes is for your earrings.
And at the bottom of the wallet are a series of loops to hold necklaces. The pink elasticised band is for holding pendants securely, and to prevent your necklaces from tangling.

I feel so honoured to have been asked to contribute to this book. The publishers, Stash Books, have done a beautiful job in bringing together a diverse mix of inspiring projects. 
I have three spare copies of 'Fresh Fabric Treats'. As much as I would love to give them away, they are, in part, payment for my contribution to the book. I am selling these copies for AU$21 each. Please email me if you would like to purchase a copy, and I will let you know how much postage will be to your destination.  

My sincere thanks to my lovely friends, online and otherwise, who have encouraged me to pursue my interest in design. I am indebted to you all. Without you, I'd not have had the courage to design anything! Bloom x

31 comments:

  1. Very cute and congratulations on the publication of your pattern! So much thought and detail it will prove very useful and would make a great present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was admiring your jewellery wallet on Peg's blog, you have done an amazing job

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the pattern in the book...absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Your Jewellery Hanger is Beautiful..I'm sure this won't be your last Publication..
    Well Done.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Your jewelry hanger is remarkable. You should stand up and take a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a lovely book full of wonderful projects, congratulations on being asked to contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so proud of you....you are amazing..I know there will be lots more...Peg xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea- so beautifully executed! You have thought to everything! One reason I don't take much jewellery when I travel is because I am worried about storing it and keeping it safe! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! A lovely book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Project and Very Bloom (with the linen and shell buttons) :)
    I haven't got a copy of the book yet, but I do have a copy of your sewing machine cover and accessories and am just waiting for the twill tape to arrive so that I can have my very own Bloom projects at my place!

    Have to go off and oredr the book now though :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your jewelry wallet is just beautiful! Love your choice of fabrics, and you thought of absolutely everything that might be needed when designing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just gorgeous and such attention to detail (of course)! Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa. What a remarkable design, and it's stunningly beautiful. Job Well Done, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful jewelry wallet! I love the linen/cotton print combination. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hopw I love your projects. I have the sewing machine cover and desk cover patterns ready to go in my fav fabric Martinique. I would love to have a copy of this wonderful book please.....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great idea, and love the fabric choices too. Congratulations on another publishing credit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely use of color with that range. I have some in a Moda scrap bag.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done.....keep on designing...it is a blessing to many.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful and useful creation! Fabrics are lovely!

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations! Great pattern and love the fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  22. SEW lovely. I love the attention to put to your detail and color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG! I just posted on a message board about looking for a great pattern for a jewelry roll and I was directed here and am I ever glad! Your's is beautiful. I am going to have to buy the book so that I can have your pattern. It has all the components that I would want. I may have to make myself two or three, but yours is just lovely in the fabric choices and design. So glad I found this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Ros, now I really can't wait to pick up my book. Great project in such a lovely looking book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your projects a wonderful, keep designing as you are doing a terrific job. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like your works, they are beautiful.
    Congratulations
    Have a good day
    Josefina

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it!!! This is not only useful but also a lovely wall decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Bloom,
    I just found a picture of your beautiful jewellery case on Pinterest and had a pleasant surprise when the chain of links led back to you! It's absolutely gorgeous and I'm now hunting down a copy of the book so I can make one for myself. I feel extra lucky because I already have a bundle of the Luna Notte fabrics waiting to be used! Thanks!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  29. Realmente es maravilloso, me encanta.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Found this gorgeous project on Pinterest and have had a ball looking through your blog. You are so talented! I have ordered the book + picked out fabrics to make some of your Moda Bake Shop recipes as well. Awesome!

    Best regards from Eva Mari in Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just discovered this page and am dying yo know if you sell anything other than patterns online?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips