Friday, 23 July 2010

Flowers for my blossie

So nice to be back at my sewing machine this afternoon. I finished my version of Janelle Wind's 'Flowers for Daisie Mae'.
I have been saving up a luscious jelly roll of 'Sweet' fabrics by Urban Chiks for this project.
I made some minor changes to Janelle's pattern, mainly to finish it more quickly. I appliqued a single flower rather than two. I machine appliqued rather than using needleturn. I modified the handles to a single adjustable shoulder strap, using a very groovy slide adjuster from Nicole Mallalieu.
I used Heat 'n' Bond for the scallop applique at the top of the bag, which made it a little stiff. The lining consequently wanted to protrude from the bag by 1/4", so I just went along with it. I quite like how it gives a 'bound' look to the top of the bag.
It was excitedly received by my blossie after school this afternoon!
Thank you to Janelle for another excellent pattern. Janelle has a listing of stockists of her patterns on her blog.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag! It is no wonder it was excitedly received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I LOVE it, and very fancy slide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [23 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great; perfect fabric choice too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - Bloom... your bag is so cute... Yes Janelle is very talented..

    Sandy N

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips