Thursday 6 August 2009

Baskets of blooms

I am spending every spare moment I have sewing, and it's killing me, but I can't show any of it to you just yet! Be assured that the very moment I can share it I will. Ooooh, secrets! So I thought I would show you a WIP of my Mum's.
It is a small quilt 60cm x 60cm, embroidered with four naive baskets of flowers and an outer vine border.
The pattern is called 'Basket Quilt & Pillows #57' by Bareroots.
Cute baskets laden with hearts & hollyhocks ...
... sweet daisies ...
... stars & swirls ...
... some tiny bees ...
... and even some wheat!

15 comments:

  1. I can't believe it! I'm working on that same pattern myself right now!!! I needed a break and found it in my pattern box. I love the colours your mum has used and the brighter fabrics. Beautiful as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely little quilt! The stitcheries are just wonderful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoyed the close ups of the embroidery! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mom's quilt and embroidery are really stunning! Personally, I think Mom should have a regularly scheduled show-and-tell day on your blog, don't you? You both are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job mum, I am a big fan of the snowball/9 patch combo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, your mom is just as talented as you, I can see it now where you've got it from :) Lucky you to have a mom who shares your hobbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. I haven´t seen this pattern before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mum's quilt is beautiful!!! She's done a beautiful job! It's such a gorgeous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the baskets.. so so sweet..
    and I love the picture of your pink flowering tree.. it is STUNNING!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mum's quilt is just beautiful! I'm sure she's thoroughly enjoyed stitching it - lots of good therapy. Leanne.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous little quilt. Well done to your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet ... your Mum does beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips