Friday 20 June 2008

Friday night at last!

Friday night is champagne night for me in our house - to celebrate surviving another week! It has become a tradition for our family to collapse in front of the tele, eat lots of antipasto & fruit & enjoy some bubbly - that's me enjoying the bubbly, not the kids! I am wondering whether Ric Rac might have imbibed a little of the fizzy stuff last Friday night when she wrote this post - very funny, & surely destined to be the official anthem of every Friday night, stay-at-home stitcher! In case you are wondering what the foreign object is in my glass, my lovely friend Wendy (& fellow champagne drinker!) sent me some wild hibiscus flowers. These are gorgeous real flower buds preserved in a luscious syrup which open amongst the bubbles in your glass - very special! Do try them if you ever have the chance. So not much sewing for me tonight - although perhaps it's just the time to give my stippling a go! Hmmm, probably safer just to settle in to watch Silent Witness & Spooks! Watching Rupert Penry-Jones save us all from terrorists is a whole lot more appealing than the bloody prospect of stippling my finger! Have a great weekend everyone.

12 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie, what fun to have Friday champagne night! I may have to adopt that. And you just reminded me that I am only on season 3 of Spooks and am starting to have withdrawals. I think I was distracted by Life on Mars then Ashes to Ashes. I do love Spooks though. I don't know Silent Witness, I'll have to check it out.

    Though I have never tried stippling while a bit tipsy, I did try top stitching a purse (black thread on black fabric) while heavily medicated and overly tired. Lets just say my seam ripper got a lot of use then next day. Stippling though, you might love what you come up with, as long as your finger isn't part of it. Have a great weekend! Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw Jodies post last week she is shuch a laugh.......I didn't get into the champs as I was packing up cards so may have mess the whole lot if champs was invcolved but I did watch Silent Witness and spooks...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's "Scotch Night" on Friday night at my house but I'm TRYING to not encourage the children with the same tradition.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tradition!! I have been known to indulge in a Champers or two on a Friday night and I watch Silent Witness and Spooks (although last night I went to sleep when Spooks started). The antipasto and food idea is good idea, no cooking! Although I am not sure it would fill up DH. Will give it a try.
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bloom
    Glad you have a traditionalFriday night Mine is Boring Just a cup of tea I am on a lot of medication so cant have the good stuff Enjoy while you can.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what a lovely way to end the week....have one for me.!!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a fun way to end the week! Will have to keep my eyes out for those wild hibiscus.

    LOvely Dear Jane blocks! and lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL - Actually I hadn't had any bubbles when I wrote that post but i did shortly after and then settled in to some sewing while watching spooks as well.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terific Friday night ritual!! Cheers!!!! Cathyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so nice to have a family night, I have always thought that Friday nights are the best, the whole weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know how to live! Perhaps I should adopt this tradition, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a wonderful fridaytradition... and those hibiscus flowers must be something really wonderful!!! Never ever heard of that...love the idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips