Thursday 13 December 2007

Happy 'Club Quilt' Christmas

Finished just in time, here is my swap gift for our Christmas party tonight. It is a Bronwyn Hayes Christmas design (Australian Homespun No.32). I was trying to achieve something Christmassy without using fire-engine red & bottle green. I have used some favourite Robyn Pandolph fabrics. I'm not completely happy with the inner border - not enough contrast? But the 'candy-cane' piping makes up for it I think. The piping was a nightmare to do, but it was worth it. In an attempt to avoid zippers and buttonholes (!) I decided to close the back of the cushion with fabric ties. I will do that again. Really easy & so much more interesting than a zip. I've now only to wait nervously to see if the recipient likes it!

10 comments:

  1. beautiful.....so who got it........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I was the recipient I would love it. I am sure who ever received your gift will be over the moon, very gorgeous.
    Hope you all had a great night
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful cushion. Love Bronwyns stitcheries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. I could get into these stitcheries too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous wow I would have been thrilled to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the lucky receipiant of this beautiful cushion. Thanks Ros I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful, would be very, very pleased if that was in my stocking ! Love the piping.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cushion I also enjoy Bronwyn Hayes stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bronny Hayes, and I met her last year, she is so gorgeous... and your pencil roll is too cute too! I have orders for pencil rolls but am yet to start!


    Lissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! The piping is splendid and the ties look very good! Do you have a photo of what the ties looks like when they are untied? It all matches up so perfectly, I can't quite see how and WHERE you attached them. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips