Friday 16 November 2007

Mother to the rescue … again

What to do, when Crazy Mom Quilts comes up with the enticing idea of a 'quilt-a-long' and I have too many projects on the go to participate? Ring Mum of course & talk her into doing it instead! (She didn't take very much convincing!) Here is her first block.My mum has taught me everything I know about sewing. She has done the most meticulous stitching in her time. Tiny, perfect stitches.This d’oyley would have been stitched when she was in her early twenties. It is difficult to communicate the fineness of her work in a photograph. ‘Big’ day today – 2nd cricket test between Australia & Sri Lanka is on the radio, and I’m trying to get all my jobs done before the World Netball Championship semi final between Australia & England on TV this afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. How sweet of your mum! She is a lot like the mum in your post before! I presume she doesn’t feed you anymore!!(LOL)! (I’m working on the quilt-a-long as well, myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun for your mom to join in! thanks for quilting along. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't mums great?! Mine taught me the basics of sewing, too. She used to make clothes for us. I love your flowers....they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooo, I am soooooo jealous! I'm from Barbados and they are not even showing clips of the netball action here. All we get are nightly news reports of us being beaten. Boo hoo hoo! Maybe in 2011 I'll be able to go and see the action. (Singapore is it?)

    Roslyn (Barbados)
    hc_badu@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips