Friday 27 August 2010

'Friends & Flowers' quilt by Princess Martha

We were home at the farm last weekend to check on our lupin crop. It is the first time we have grown lupins, which is nitrogen-fixing legume crop. In as much as I know anything about them, they seem to be looking really good.
Being back in our farm garden always gives me a chance to take nice quilt photos! This quilt was won by my brother in a local charity raffle and was made by my lovely friend, Princess Martha.
Such a fresh and happy quilt. My brother likes to pretend he wasn't too excited about winning a 'girly' quilt, but let me tell you, he was on the phone immediately to boast about his win!
The fabrics The Princess has used are Mary Engelbreit 'Friends & Flowers' for Moda. She very artistically pieced the back. The artistry was lost on my brother, but I love it! And it is beautifully stippled all over.
Gorgeous quilt, Princess - you were very generous to give this one up!

14 comments:

  1. Thankyou Ros for you kind words. I laughed when your brother won, I thought the last thing he probably needed was another quilt! Haha. He did ask me about the "t" on the back, it made me giggle, I just explained it was a quilters way to utilise all the fabrics, avoid waste. Your photography is simply amazing, makes the quilt look better than I remember that's for sure. It was a pleasure to donate it to the local Cancer Support Group, I believe they raised alot of money in the raffle. Thanks again for mentioning me on your blog.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful post and lovely photos! What a charming quilt...even a man would be tickled with that one...and he was!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very beautiful quilt! I love the backing with the pieced squares- just gorgeous! Your brother was very lucky to win this one!
    Happy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the crop looks good from here too Ros........how funnny your brother winning a quilt Martha made..........nice quilt too.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats To your Brother Lucky Man, You have made me home sick for Scotland Lupins You said I just love them we always had them in our garden and I have never seen them growing here thanks for the Memories.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Beautiful Quilt in a Beautiful Setting..Nice that it is now in the Family...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quilt and great setting for the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Didn't you photograph that winning quilt so nicely!!! Tell me more about the benefits of growing lupins en masse like that! They grow wild on my property. ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a luvly quilt...Lupins make a good drink snack when put through a soaking and salt processe.The Italians call them Lupini and luv them....cheers Nic

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely quilt and the backing is great too! And one can never have TOO many quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt, and such a great back drop - what a win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply fabulous! I love your patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous...just found your blog...your work is beautiful.

    xxt

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips