Wednesday 24 October 2007

What madness is this?

I made this quilt for a friend a couple of years ago. It is a lap-sized quilt and I was so impressed with how it turned out that, in a fit of lunacy, I decided this was the design I wanted on my own (queen-sized) bed. This my most significant WIP at the moment. I need to make 60 (yes, SIXTY!) of these heart blocks. I am up to #53. Earlier in the year, when I started this project, My Sweetness suggested I could have it finished especially for our upcoming 'significant' wedding anniversary next January. He thought he was being quite reasonable & generous giving me 12 months to finish it - I was mortified! A nice idea though. This quilt has come to be known as 'The Love Quilt', and the anniversary deadline is looming! The pattern is Bareroots Hearts & Flowers Quilt #79.

11 comments:

  1. The quilt is very lovely. Queen Size quilts can kill your creativity, or at least your appetite, but this one will be soooo wonderful when finished and the occasion you make it for is even better! Good luck with finishing this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say Bloom is "Your Mad"
    WIP is an understatement. Hope to it, not long til January and Christmas is in between that......
    Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ros glad to see you on blog land now I can keep up with what you are up to as well as the others I luv it. Gai P

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt will be beautiful I hope you get it done for January
    happy sewing
    Hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog :o)
    Your work is just beautiful, Just LOVE your heart quilt... Looks fab!! I am going to be checking up on your progress now!!
    Keep up the great work,
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty, husbands although very sweet, have no idea when it comes to quilts....lol... Good luck getting it done in time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice loloking forward to the finifsehd product and wouldn't it be good if Gai P had her own blog to..........

    ReplyDelete
  8. welcome to blogland...
    luv Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilt.....can't wait to see it finished

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, did you meet your deadline?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips