Tuesday 23 October 2007

Am I the slowest quilter in the world?

Quite possibly! I finally finished this quilt recently. The idea was that it would be quick, just simple squares. But it was a lesson in using similarly textured fabrics. Some of the fabrics were quilting cottons, others were heavier, upholstery weight cottons. They did not like being sewn together in equal sized squares. Oh well, it came together in the end. This quilt has been on the 'to do' list so long, I can't remember when I started it. We're talking years, not months! The quilt was made to match these cushions. 'Sweet Dreams' is by one of my favourite Australian designers Leanne Beasley. The little heart stitchery is from a Bareroots pattern called Flower Quilt #51.

1 comment:

  1. There's hope for me yet!
    I still haven't done anything with my quilt I made a Nundle Aug 2006.
    One Day !!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips