Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Chasing Dear Baby Jane

Trying to catch up with the Dear Baby Jane group again.B8 Water Lily - This block just about had me beaten. Had lots of trouble with the set-in seams. My first go was a disaster. I ended up stitching the seams by hand, something I have never done. And of course, I made the whole thing much harder for myself by choosing stripes! I think I would have given up the whole Dear Jane thing if I wasn't part of an encouraging group - thank you to all who have left comments for me, both here & on Flickr! B9 Tinker Toy - This came together much easier than B8 for some reason. It stretched a little in the centre along the bias seams, but it has pressed up OK. Just 2 more blocks to catch up on before Anina hits us with the first triangle - scary!

8 comments:

  1. Hey, I had the opposite problem. The first one, B-8, was a lot easier than B-9. Man that guy gave me trouble. I think it may be just getting used to the set in seams. It also seemed to depend on how I had the seams pressed. Did that issue come up for you? They both turned out lovely though. You are getting such a beautiful collection of blocks. Love Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are back on track, great blocks.
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely...you know it is only two sleeps for us three for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you are catching up with the group, that is great. I do like your fabrics and of course especially the striped fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been following you ladies through the Dear Baby Jane blog. I can't believe how awesome you all are. Awesome I tell you. I'm simply blown away by the talent. I can't even imagine attempting such a thing. Don't give up. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those stripes and both blocks look fabulous. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beaytiful blocks!
    Kind regards,

    Sonnja, from the Netherlands
    Beertje Zonn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips