Friday 11 February 2011

Tip of the day

Not that my days are chock-a-block with tips, but here is my 'tip of the day' nonetheless. Inspired by this post, over at La Vie en Rosie, I made myself a block board today. 
Armed with a $2 art canvas, some spray adhesive and some fleece, I made myself a block board. That is, I stuck the fleece to the board and trimmed the excess. How clever am I?! I chose the art canvas only because it is flat and inflexible. Any sort of 'board' would do. 
I can now transfer my nine-patch pieces from my design wall to my machine (admittedly only metres away!) without losing bits or forgetting the layout I decided upon. The fabric squares stick nicely to the fleece, no slipping. What can I say - happiness from the simplest things!

9 comments:

  1. Sa-weet! That is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have been thinking along the same lines today...but have decided to cover some styrofoam in batting for a portable design board. I have been ispired by the recent Quilter Companion.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious! You just solved one of my problems. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was fully a lightbulb moment. So simple yet so brilliant. I need this. My design wall is actually on another floor of my house as there is no wall space in my sewing room. So my design wall is next to my bed in the master bedroom. Brilliant "Tip of the Day"
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nifty! Must make one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good idea! Usually I collect up the pieces I am to sew starting from a certain corner in a certain direction and then sew them in that order..doing it your way you can see the layout better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, that is perfect, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips