Friday 18 February 2011

The 'eyes' have it

I did my darnedest to resist, truly I did. But every time I walked past these fabrics in my local quilt shop, they were calling my name. Those sweet elephants, their innocent little eyes coaxing me, "Come on Bloom, you know you want to" ...
What is it with the eyes? The owls too have that pleading look, "Hoo, hoo, take me home ... take me home"!
And the monkeys? Well, who could resist such cheeky smiles!So try as I might, these cute creatures have charmed their way to my place, destined for what will hopefully be a busy weekend of sewing. They are from Melanie Hurlston's 'too cute for words' range, 'Little Menagerie'. Melly, you do 'eyes' way too well - I'm sure there's some subliminal messaging going on!
My plan is to whizz these up into a little 'Abracadabra' quilt for a new niece.

11 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to resist this either! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of the Owl material I got it at Spotlight I would love the elephant one One of My daughters collects everything Elephent you should see her flat I would love to make Pillowslips out of that I will go looking for it up here in Queensland.Thanks for Sharing.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those elephants and owls would have followed me home for sure if I had seen them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure love those cheeky little monkey eyes! Georgeous fabrics..just right for a little one to love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do know that problem..you have to give in, the poor elephant...I love the fabrics and know you'll make something amazingly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable!! I've managed to resist all temptations, but it's been difficult!! Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can certainly see why you love these fabrics much! How adorable!! :o)
    I hope you have a real nice weekend.
    Sincerely, Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! BTW thanks again for the quilt board inspiration. I used it, loved it and blogged about it. Appreciate ya.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those cute elephants! Their eyes are great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed reading! Mm, you can get raw milk Camembert but has to be aged as you say. Alas, Canadian bacon is nothing like good British or Aussie bacon! Would the budding sewer make me a pouch, lol! That really is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these ellies too - thinking of buying some of the fabric to stash for when I (eventually) have grandkids:) Can't wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips