Tuesday 21 March 2017

Back to business

The weather is blissfully rainy today, my favourite sort of day for sewing ... actually, my favourite sort of day full stop.



It is my first time at the sewing machine in ages. The brief: shorten the sleeves of a VERY EXPENSIVE Cue blazer by 3 inches!



Nothing like throwing myself in the deep end. I tend to avoid alterations like the plague, but when said blazer belongs to daughter, the rules seem to bend. Wish me luck! I am jumping in, armed with this excellent tutorial from The English Tailor - bless him!



UPDATE: One sleeve shortened successfully. It has taken all day! Hopefully, the second one will be quicker and less nerve wracking ;)

SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. I hear you. Alterations aren't my favourite either. Your roses are looking beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes!! I *despise* alterations. Your fixed sleeve looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips