Wednesday, 15 April 2015

A change of plan

There has been a bit of progress on my scrap quilt. It is the perfect project when you only have 15 minutes here or there to sew.


However, progress on the scrap quilt has stalled due to my youngest daughter being admitted to hospital. She is OK, but we have some eating issues that it would seem only hospitalisation will sort out. The upside of this is that the view from her bed is fantastic!


 And I have plenty of time to hand sew.


I have pulled out the clamshell quilt I started in a Brigitte Giblin workshop ages ago. 


So life isn't all bad. I get to sit by a big, light-filled window with a great view, and stitch for hours and chat with my daughter. There are worse things!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my dears, I hope this is a quick but fruitful stay. So happy to hear you are keeping your spirits up and as always, looking on the positive side of things. Sending hugs and good wishes x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers for you. In a world where everyone feels the need to look a certain way it is hard on young girls. The lies of the world take control. I am the leader for a group of young girls 6th and 7th grade. We talked this year about true beauty. We talked about how so many pictures in magazines are photo shopped to make each girl "look Better" I came across this song by Francesca Battistelli while working on the lesson. Perhaps you might find it to be a blessing today. I am old by your daughters standards :) (56) even still I need to hear the words " I am Beautiful" and believe them even though my mind would want me to think otherwise. It is a constant struggle to be YOU tiful. God has a beautiful plan for each of us. To not believe that steals the joy he had in creating me.

    Beautiful, Beautiful.

    http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7PL77PNX

    Take care,
    Janita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again, I found this in my inbox this morning from a web site "Wonderfully Made". I am passing it along in case it might be helpful. It is a 6 week study.

    http://wonderfullymade.org/?product=healthy-eating-and-abundant-living

    Janita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry she's dealing with that. We have eating issues here, too, and it's so very challenging. I can't believe your view, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your daughter, but happy that she is in the right place getting the help she needs. A Mum that can find the silver lining is helping I'm sure. Your scrappy quilt is coming along nicely. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoping all goes well..........do you have some stitching for the little mIss...............

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your daughter.....hope she gets the help she needs. Good to always see a positive.....xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips