Friday 6 February 2015

Scrap-busting

And so we are well into February, the kids are back at school and my time is a little more my own again. I am keen to get back into some sewing. I was looking for something easy and quick to get me back in the groove.


My scrap basket was overflowing, with lots of surplus jelly roll strips from previous projects (like this one and this one).

 

I decided to make 'Candy Coated' by Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mum Quilts. The pattern is in her book 'Sunday Morning Quilts' (co-written with Cheryl Arkison).

Source

It is a really easy project, not requiring too much thought in terms of fabric placement or colour - the things that usually slow me down! 


I can spend 10 minutes on it here or there and it is coming together nicely. It feels good to be using up fabric scraps and to be dusting off the machine!

10 comments:

  1. You have very pretty scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan! I’m guessing your scrap bin looks pretty good too ;) I always love your choice of fabrics. Hope you are well. I’m just catching up on blogging after some busy weeks with family.
      Best wishes,
      Ros x

      Delete
  2. I love my scrap bin because it is filled with scraps & bits that I already know I love. Kudos for your darling quilt. Also, love the liberating book, Sunday Morning Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love Sunday Morning Quilts too. I can see myself making more than one of these quilts to use up my scraps. As it happens, Amanda Jean has blogged this week about how she organises her scraps. She is quite amazing in her dedication to using up the smallest of bits. Here is the link if you're interested:
      http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com.au/2015/02/scrap-storage.html

      Delete
  3. Wish my scraps were as neat and ready to go as those are. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Ozjane, don’t be deceived! What I’ve shown you is but a small portion that I’ve pulled out and pressed for this quilt. The remaining bits are far from organised ;) Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. I have always loved this quilt. Yea for you to have one of your own soon. Thanks for sharing. Janita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janita! Thanks for saying hello. I am loving putting this quilt together. Hopefully there will be some more progress to show soon ;)

      Delete
  5. I certainly need to use up scraps! You inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's also great because there are no seams to match up.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips