Friday, 11 October 2013

Short & sweet #2

Yes, well my short & sweet idea worked well, didn't it?! I will persevere. The undisputed highlight of this year's musical production was our youngest daughter being cast in one of the major roles.


This is the same 12-year-old girl who was so desperately sick for six months last year. She is much improved this year, but still has an occasional bout of headache and stomach pain. 


So it was a significant personal achievement for her to manage a major dramatic role. And manage she did! 


I sat in the audience, quietly astonished at her ability. A daughter of mine on the stage? Who'd have thought! She seemed born to it.


So very proud of her. We are not out of the woods with her health concerns as she has lost a lot of weight and is struggling with her appetite. But her performance in the musical has been a wonderfully positive experience for her.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful story Ros....makes me smile. Beautiful pics of her...she looks sooo different all made up and under lights. So special :)
    (special here too today - John's 12th Birthday...so wonderful for a boy who almost wasn't here all those years ago....so thankful, word's can't express)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very sweet success. It strange when we see our own children so comfortable in roles/positions we would even now avoid. Differences are a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved watching my children in their school theatrical productions. Sweet memories. I'm so glad you're daughter is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see her well and looking very tall...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I endeavour to reply to each & every one of your comments, but forgive me if occasionally I don't - life just gets in the way sometimes! Be assured your comments are ALWAYS read & appreciated. Best wishes, Bloom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips