Friday 19 March 2010

Twilight

One of the things that I love about blogging is that it causes me stop in the midst of a busy life and look for peace, beauty & interest in the everyday things around me. So that I can share them with you!
The light in the garden in the late afternoon at the moment is quite special.
I took just a few moments out to snap these shots.
Common little garden blooms rendered gorgeous by a setting sun.
And tonight, in my little bit of Australia, we spent the twilight watching a Teachers vs Year 12 cricket game.
An email was distributed before the game to the staff (of which my Sweetness is a member) to this effect: "Barracking is encouraged but we do ask that it be both age sensitive and relevant. For example, 'Have a go you baldy old git' would be quite appropriate"!
Year 12 won, but I have to say the old boys did not disgrace themselves! A really relaxing end to a busy week. Have a great weekend. Bloom x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers! Thanks for sharing some beauty with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. I love the rose!
    Well done to all the "old boys" at the cricket!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, your blooms are beautiful!

    Thank you for sharing them and slice of your life with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blooms as always! Looks like the perfect weather for a twilight game of cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the wonderful photos you share! They are refreshing to my soul as winter continues its grasp on us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful twilight photos! Looks like perfect weather to lounge around outside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I do like the shadows of the cricketers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, sounds like a great way to spend the late afternoon/twilight. Love the staff email, good to see political correctness hasn't completely taken over yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for some tranquil time before I head into this busy weekend of cleaning/exercise and finally some sewing.
    Hope your weekend is more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love all your beautiful flower photos. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that about blogging too - it has really allowed me to enjoy things in a completely different way! That last photo is genius - I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá, amiga!
    Conheci seu cantinho... amei!!!
    Lindo, criativo e acolhedor...
    Belas fotos, principalmente das flores...
    Um ótimo fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Itabira - Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE that afternoon sun on the garden. Love the salvia's - I have so many blooms at the moment. I'll have to take some time out today to snap some myself and share with you. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips